AGENTS OF CONNECTICUT
Due to the significant flooding from Storm Sandy there will most definitely be insured and uninsured loss and people displaced by the damage.
- Federal assistance is available to individuals and businesses in Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex and New London Counties.
- Those affected MUST register with FEMA first through:
- FEMA Web site: www.disasterassistance.gov
- Toll-Free Number: 1-800-621-FEMA
- Visit FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers in CT: DRCs IN CT
- Please note and share the Individual Assistance applicant briefings meeting schedule wherever possible.
Even if it is uncertain as to what is covered or isn’t, individuals and businesses need to register so that any uninsured portion of the loss may be eligible under FEMA’s programs. If you are aware of an individual (s) who need housing assistance, please get them to contact FEMA through any of the above means or information in FEMAs’ fliers as they may be able to assist these folks with their temporary housing needs as well as immediate and long-term financial needs.
Remember: WITHOUT BEING REGISTERED PEOPLE CANNOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ASSISTANCE.
THERE IS A DEADLINE TO REGISTER WITH FEMA, PLEASE BE AWARE.